The events listed in this blog post will take place during the week of February 21 – February 25, 2022.
Click the ‘Register here!’ hyperlink at the bottom of each event description to register for that event.
If you would like to see what other events we have coming up, please visit https://seenstartups.com/events/.
Tuesday – February 22
Inmates to Entrepreneurs – 8 Week Entrepreneurship Course
6:00PM – 7:30PM EST – FREE – Online
Inmates to Entrepreneurs hosts a virtual course for anyone with a criminal background who has started or is interested in starting their own business. This course will meet Tuesday nights for eight weeks (January 18 – March 8).
By the end of the course, you will not be an experienced entrepreneur, but you will have the basics for starting a business and beginning your new entrepreneurial life. Learn from people who have been exactly where you are and who have become successful.
Selling Made Simply: Identify Your Customer
6:00PM – 8:00PM EST – FREE – Online
For entrepreneurs and small business owners who want to:
- Learn how to identify and sell to their customers by developing their whole product and whole customer.
- Understand the concept and framework of the customer and the product and identify how consumers make decisions based on perceptions and experience.
- Apply behavioral constructs to persuasive messages and the value-add to the consumer.
Speaker(s): Michael Barbera, PhD
Thursday – February 24
Riverside Chat to Learn About the Relationship Between Investor and Startup
3:30PM – 5:00PM EST – FREE – In-person
*Event Location – Ironclad Brewery, 115 North 2nd Street Wilmington, NC 28401
A RIVERside Chat between the leader of Angel Capital Association, the most active Venture Capital Fund in NC, and a local entrepreneur.
The Network for Entrepreneurs in Wilmington (NEW) and Angel Investor Network called WALE has arranged for Patrick Gouhin, CEO of the nationwide Angel Capital Association to give some opening words about the state of angel investing in the state of North Carolina and the region.
Patrick will then become the moderator of a RIVERside chat between investor David Gardner and local entrepreneur Charles Davis of EasyVote Solutions – Cofounders Capital is an investor in EasyVote Solutions from Wilmington and a past Coastal Entrepreneur of the Year winner.
– David Gardner – Leader of Cofounders Capital, the most active venture capital fund in North Carolina.
– Charles Davis – COO of EasyVote Solutions and a past tenant of UNCW CIE when I was Executive Director
Again, there is a SPECIAL TIME for this event 3:30 PM, because there is a wedding at 5 PM at Ironclad Brewery.